Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fear is Irrelevant

Remember your fear on the first day of school
What if I they don't like me?
What if I it's too difficult?
What if I fail?


Remember your fear on your first day of work?
What if they don't like me?
What if it's too difficult?
What if I fail?


Remember your fear on your first date?
What if she doesn't like me?
What if it doesn't work out?
What if we break up?


Remember every time you were afraid
What if fear is normal?
What if everyone is afraid?
What if fear is no excuse for inaction?


Now remember your success.
Your graduation
Your career
Your marriage


Terrified. You were terrified
Until you succeeded.
You have always been afraid that you wouldn't succeed
Until you did.
And still you made it through.


Remember how you made it.


Next time you are afraid, tell yourself
Those who came before were afraid
Those who come after will be afraid
I am afraid...


And yet
Those who came before succeeded
Those who come after will succeed
I will succeed


Fear is irrelevant

No comments:

Post a Comment